Video highlights from plenery sessions:
click here to view. Flash 8 player required.
100th Anniversary Earthquake Conference Press
Managing Risk in Earthquake
The top ten action
agenda and a summary of Charles Kircher's recent findings.
When the Big One
Strikes Again: Charles Kircher's recent
findings on estimated losses due to a repeat of the 1906 San
Francisco Earthquake (PDF)
Tables for the Charles Kircher report.
1, Figure 2.
Small Video (400 kbs)
Large Video (700 kbs)
latest Flash Player is required to view this video - download
Thank you to Amit Chourasia, lead developer of the San Diego Supercomputer Center for contributing
his time and talents in creating
the visualizations for the '06 The Next Great Quake Video.
- 100+ technical sessions led by internationally renowned experts and scholars
- Tutorials developed just for teachers and the business community
- 25 exciting field trips that bring home the realities and science of earthquakes
- Sign up early - seating is limited
- A scenario that looks at how the San Francisco Bay Area would fare if a 1906 earthquake hit us today
- Find Cheap Airfares to this conference
- Participating meetings are Centennial Meeting of the Seismological Society of America, 8NCEE by EERI, Disaster Resistant California and the Association of Bay Area Governments' General Assembly (ABAG)
- The next 10 steps our communities must take to avoid a catastrophic disaster.